The New To You store is operated by the Groves Hospital Volunteer Association to raise funds in support of Groves Memorial Community Hospital.
It is projected that we will have a new hospital up and running by the end of 2019. This facility is going to need state of the art equipment. GHVA is fully dedicated to providing significant financial support to the hospital. In support of this commitment we have made a significant pledge: over the next ten years GHVA will contribute $1,000,000 to the Hospital! This amount will be paid over a ten year period starting in 2016.
The new Groves Memorial Community Hospital project will include:
- a replacement hospital built on a greenfield site, with more space for emergency, ambulatory, diagnostic and inpatient services to accommodate a growing community
- private inpatient rooms (up to 80 per cent) with a dedicated shower and large windows, including some with views of the surrounding rural landscape including the Grand River and extensive trail network
- modernized infection control measures, including additional isolation facilities, to enhance the hospital’s ability to respond to a pandemic or disease outbreak
- up-to-date technology and clinical resources for physicians and staff
- energy-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly building features
- an onsite helipad to allow for faster access to patient transfers by air ambulance
You can support your local community hospital through New To You — by shopping, by donating, or by joining our our friendly and enthusiastic volunteer staff.